The twin towers of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church dominate the center of this view of Main Street, Lille, a farming village in the St. John Valley town of Grand Isle.
Trumpeting angels atop the towers proclaim the glory of this landmark church completed in 1910 from designs by architect Theodore Daoust of Montreal.
No longer an active house of worship, the building is undergoing an extensive restoration through the efforts of its owner, the Association Culturele et Historique du Mont Carmel.
The two structures at the right are the Morneault House, replaced in 1926, and the general store, now an antique shop.
One of the girls in the photograph is Bernette Albert of Madawaska.
Item 1 of 29