In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Maine Memory Network

Recreation & Tourism

Atlantic House, Milbridge, ca. 1920

Atlantic House, Milbridge, ca. 1920

Item 87975 info
Penobscot Marine Museum

The Atlantic House in Milbridge was a public rooming house for travelers. The door to the far right led to a bar that was open to the public.

Annie Smart owned the building at one time. Then George and Eleanor Bloch were its proprietors. Finally, Richard and Mary Haskins were its owners before it became a nursing home.

The building was demolished in 1976, and the Narraguagus Bay Health Care facility occupied the lot in 2013.

The small building between the Atlantic House and Dinsmore’s Store was at one time a barbershop and finally a harness shop.


Item 19 of 19