Anchored off the end of Stenger's wharf is the <em>Foster D</em>, a lobster smack designed in 1901 by Sherman Jameson. Jameson was one of the original owners of Stenger's wharf. The <em>Foster D</em> plied the waters of Muscongus Bay for over 45 years, picking up lobsters from off shore locations and lobster boats, to be sold at the wharf. The boat had a large perforated well for holding lobsters so that water could circulate.
View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.