Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The campers at the Katharine Ridgeway Camp for Girls on Clary Lake in Jefferson were free to choose among dancing, music, crafts, nature, tennis, trips, horseback riding, and other sports.
Directors Ella Harding Peffer and Katharine Ridgeway [Hunt] both had performed on the Chautauqua circuit and brought their interest in dramatics to the camp. Campers performed plays every Saturday night.
About This Item
- Title: Bungalow at Katharine Ridgeway Camp, Jefferson
- Creator: Katharine Ridgeway Camp for Girls
- Creation Date: 1934
- Subject Date: 1934
- Local Name: Clary Lake
- Town: Jefferson
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Brochure
- Dimensions: 15.2 cm x 22.4 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1921, Box 1/22
- Collection: Crawford and Ella Peffer/Redpath Chautauqua collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Clary Lake
- Ella Harding Peffer
- Jefferson, ME
- Katharine Ridgeway Camp for Girls
- Katharine Ridgeway Camp for Girls (Jefferson, Me.)
- Katharine Ridgeway [Hunt]
- Organized campiingKatharine Ridgeway Camp for Girls (Jefferson, Me.)
- Redpath Chautauqua
- Summer camps
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.