Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Musician Franz Kneisel wrote to Mary Elise Fellows of Skowhegan, who was one of his violin students and who had roomed in his house during part of her musical studies in Boston.
Fellows was 15 when she received the letter in which Kneisel announced that he and his wife had a baby boy on August 2 and that they would be happy to have her live in their home again.
Fellows had gone to Boston at age 9 to study at the New England Conservatory of Music.
About This Item
- Title: Franz Kneisel letter to Mary Elise Fellows, Boston, 1889
- Creator: Kneisel, Franz
- Creation Date: 1889-09-12
- Subject Date: 1889
- Town: Boston, Skowhegan
- County: Somerset
- State: MA, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20.5 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2504, Box 14/6
- Collection: Elise Fellows White Collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219