Contributed by Leeds Historical Society
Wilbur E.( Willie) Burgess was born Nov 20, 1866, the son of Benjamin F. and Francis Berry Burgess, and Lizzie Fitch was the daughter of Charles Fitch and wife Annie Flye. Wilbur died on May 1, 1940 and Lizzie was born 1886 and died Feb 5, 1962.
Wilbur worked for many years at H.F. Webb canning company at Leeds Center. They had one son, Clyde W. Burgess.
This picture is taken before their marriage in about 1905. Wilbur is wearing a long coat for driving and Lizzie is dressed in the fashion of the day. The horse pulling the wagon is a dappled grey.
About This Item
- Title: Lizzie Fitch and Will Burgess, Leeds, ca. 1905
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Town: Leeds
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 15 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Leeds Historical Society
553 North Road, Leeds, ME 04263
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Carriages and coaches--Maine--Leeds
- Leeds family
- Burgess, Wilbur E., 1866-1940--Photographs
- Burgess, Elizabeth Fitch, 1886-1962--Photographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.