Baseball game, Squirrel Island, early 1900s
Contributed by Stanley Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Squirrel Island residents enjoy a baseball game pitting their own island team against a mainland team from the Boothbay area.
The wooden bleachers along the first base line were erected in the late 1890s, a gift of Albert H. Davenport, and were torn down around the time of the first World War.
- Title: Baseball game, Squirrel Island, early 1900s
- Creator: McDougall
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Squirrel Island
- Town: Southport
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Black & White Photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 8.5 x 13.5
- Local Code: PC 1, #4
- Collection: Raymond W. Stanley Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
street: 40 School Street, mailing: PO BOX 77, Kingfield, ME 04947
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.