Contributed by Davistown Museum
Signed "D & S", the mark on the very rare tools of Darling & Schwartz, Bangor, ME, 1854 - 1866. This is the only known example of this tool -- a treasure from the boomtown years of Bangor, by one of America's finest machinist tool makers. 4" depth gauge on a 3 3/8" long, 15/32" wide japanned base.
About This Item
- Title: Depth gauge
- Creator: Darling & Schwartz
- Subject Date: 1840 - 1865
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Cast iron and steel
- Local Code: 41203T5
- Collection: Historic Maritime IV (1840-1865): The Early Industrial Revolution
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Davistown Museum
PO Box 346, 58 Main Street #4, Liberty, ME 04949
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.