John Sheahan letter from Belle Plain, Virginia, 1863
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
John Sheahan, a Civil War soldier, wrote to his father in Dennysville, Jan. 16, 1863. Though Sheahan dated this letter 1862, he wrote it in 1863 from a camp near Belle Plain, Virginia.
- Title: John Sheahan letter from Belle Plain, Virginia, 1863
- Creator: Sheahan, John Parris
- Creation Date: 1863-01-16
- Subject Date: 1863-01-16
- Town: Belle Plain, Dennysville
- County: Washington
- State: ME, VA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 184 Box 1/3
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.