Contributed by Skowhegan History House
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Pishon's Ferry was located where the Hinkley bridge now crosses the Kennebec River near the Skowhegan-Fairfield town line. Seen here are loggers amidst the logs in this log jam.
About This Item
- Title: Massive log jam at Pishon's Ferry, Skowhegan, ca. 1870
- Creator: C.S. Vose studio
- Creation Date: circa 1870
- Subject Date: circa 1870
- Local Name: Hinkley
- Town: Fairfield
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Collection: Skowhegan History House photo collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Skowhegan History House
66 Elm Street, PO Box 832, Skowhegan, ME 04976
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.