Massive log jam at Pishon's Ferry, Skowhegan, ca. 1870
Contributed by Skowhegan History House
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Pishon's Ferry was located where the Hinkley bridge now crosses the Kennebec River near the Skowhegan-Fairfield town line. Seen here are loggers amidst the logs in this log jam.
- Title: Massive log jam at Pishon's Ferry, Skowhegan, ca. 1870
- Creator: C.S. Vose studio
- Creation Date: circa 1870
- Subject Date: circa 1870
- Local Name: Hinkley
- Town: Fairfield
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Collection: Skowhegan History House photo collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Skowhegan History House
66 Elm Street, PO Box 832, Skowhegan, ME 04976
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.