Contributed by United Society of Shakers
This booklet is a facsimile reprint of the first printed piece by the United Society of Believers in Christ's Second Appearing, now commonly called "Shakers."
The booklet itself is commonly referred to as The Concise Statement. The purpose of its publication in 1790 was to be a statement of Shaker belief. It was prepared by Father Joseph Meacham, the first American leader of the Shaker church. The Foreword serves as an excellent introduction to the work.
About This Item
- Title: 'A Concise Statement' Shaker document, 1963
- Creator: Joseph Meacham
- Creation Date: 1790
- Subject Date: 1790
- Town: New Lebanon
- County: Columbia
- State: NY
- Media: Paper
- Dimensions: 21.5 cm x 14.0 cm
- Collection: Shaker Library-Books
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:United Society of Shakers
707 Shaker Road, New Gloucester, ME 04260
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Shakers--Missions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Christian communities
- Sabbathday Lake--Description & views--Photographs--Postcards
- United Society of Shakers--Maine
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.