The First Post Office in Sullivan Square, Berwick, ca. 1872
Crossing the bridge from Somersworth N.H. into Berwick in the 1870s, one of the first buildings one would see in the business district was the Berwick Post Office built by Park & Harris. One of the earliest buildings in the business district, it had two floors, the the Post Office and a grocery store occupied the bottom floor. In 1963 it became an IGA Market. After a short period it became an apartment house and was destroyed by fire. As of 2013, this site is a park.