Fire Engine 2, 'Medomak,' Waldoboro, ca. 1846
Contributed by Waldoboro Fire Department
The "Medomak" is a Hunneman pumper engine purchased second-hand in Boston in 1846, and paid for by subscription of Waldoboro residents.
The engine was brought by coaster, landed on the ice, and hauled to the village. Its purchase price was guaranteed by the signatures of twenty-seven local men.
The engine is housed at the Waldoboro Historical Society Museum.
- Title: Fire Engine 2, 'Medomak,' Waldoboro, ca. 1846
- Creation Date: circa 1846
- Subject Date: circa 1846
- Town: Waldoboro
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: wood and wrought iron
- Dimensions (cm): 127 x 101.6 x 198
- Local Code: Engine Medomak
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Waldoboro Fire Department
1600 Atlantic Avenue, PO Box J, Waldoboro, ME 04572
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.