Contributed by Walker Memorial Library
Valentine Hose Company's horsedrawn Hose # 1, decorated for Westbrook's Centennial celebration's parade in 1914.
The Westbrook fire department began with the Valentine Hose Company on November 21, 1891, with a wooden building on Mechanic Street. A brick firehouse was built in the late 1890s, and is seen decorated in this picture.
This fire station was razed and another was built on the site in 1977.
About This Item
- Title: Westbrook Fire Department, 1914
- Creation Date: 1914
- Subject Date: 1914
- Town: Westbrook
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17.25 cm
- Local Code: Notebook 8, Page 44
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Walker Memorial Library
800 Main Street, Westbrook, ME 04092
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Fire engines--Maine--Westbrook
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Westbrook
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Westbrook
- Centennial celebrations--Maine--Westbrook
- Fire fighters--Maine--Westbrook
- Parades & processions--Maine--Westbrook
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.