Long School/Finnish Farmers Club, Monson, 1970
The one room school house in the Long District, located outside of Monson on the Monson/Abbot Road. The school ceased holding classes and was abandoned before being purchased by founders of the Finnish Farmers Club in August of 1938. Trustees of the original club were Mauritz Palm, Oscar Suomi, Toivo Mutanen, Otto Aalto, Heikki Vainio, William Ranta and Urho Kurki. As of 2013, the building continues to be used by the Club as renovations continue to be made and dances are held throughout the summer months with traditional Finnish Folk music.