Contributed by Friendship Museum
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Friendship Village School. Learn more.
The Maine Steamship Company operated between New York City and Portland, with direct conections by sea to Bar Harbor and by land to the White Mountains in New Hampshire, and Poland Springs, Maine--all popular summer resort areas.
In 1902 summer excursion fare from New York to Friendship, with a connection from Portland to Friendship on the Portland and Rockland Steamboat line, was $6.25 one-way and $11.50 roundtrip. The steamer to Friendship sailed on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
About This Item
- Title: Maine Steamship Company brochure, 1902
- Creator: Maine Steamboat Company
- Creation Date: 1902
- Subject Date: 1902
- Town: Bar Harbor, New York, Poland Springs, Portland
- County: Androscoggin, Cumberland, Hancock
- State: ME, NY
- Media: paper
- Dimensions: 23.47 cm x 11.12 cm x 2 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Friendship Museum
PO Box 226, Friendship, ME 04547
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.