Kennebasis Lodge & Camps, Indian Township, ca. 1945
Princeton's nickname is "The Sportsman's Paradise." Since the early 1900s Princeton and the surrounding areas have had a reputation as a great place to hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors. This picture is of the Kennebasis Lodge and Camps which was on Route 1 in Indian Township. Leaving Princeton headed north across the bridge it was immediately on the right side, or east side, of the road. In the scrapbook of memoirs of Phyllis Pike of Princeton she recalled working there the summers of 1943 and 1944. The lodge and camps catered to hunters and fishermen and was owned by Ivan and Harriet Tuell. The building was torn down in 1984.