McKechnie Mill, Indian Township, ca. 1907
The McKechnie Mill was built around 1897 or 1898 by the McKechnie brothers of Princeton. The mill was situated in Indian Township on the shore of Lewy Lake just north of the bridge from Princeton on the left side of the road. In the 1907 edition of the Maine Register L. McKechnie & Son were listed as manufacturers of box shook, lathes and long lumber.
Four of the men in the photo are identified. Howard McKechnie is standing on the left end of the row. The fifth and sixth men in from the left are George Leland and Ed Sprague, respectively and Chester Gould is the fifth man in from the right.