Contributed by South Bristol Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at South Bristol School. Learn more.
This ca. 1930 postcard shows the original Gamage boat building shed on the north side of the western Gut in South Bristol. The point of land in the background was then known as "Heloise Point." The 3-story Gamage building was razed in 2012.
About This Item
- Title: Original shed at the Gamage boatyard, South Bristol, ca. 1930
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating Company
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Local Name: Western Gut
- Town: South Bristol
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10.3 cm x 14.55 cm
- Local Code: 2009.38.110688
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:South Bristol Historical Society
P. O. Box 229, South Bristol, ME 04568
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.