The Holly Inn Annex is the largest building in this postcard image. It became the fourth and last Holly Inn in Christmas Cove when Audrey and Kelly Maxcy purchased the building in 1944. It continued to be operated by a succession of owners until the late 1950's. The three previous inns of that name had each burned to the ground, one in 1907, another in 1923, and the last in 1940.
Unlike its predecessors, the fourth Holly Inn did not burn, but was demolished 1960 after the property was purchased by the Harold Berry family.