Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This letter to George Washington is part of Benedict Arnold's letterbook, which he kept along his march to Quebec during the American Revolution. The letterbook contains copies or drafts of the letters that were sent.
He wrote the letter during the march and describes difficulties in travel, ill soldiers, and his expectations for getting to Quebec.
About This Item
- Title: Benedict Arnold to George Washington, Oct. 27, 1775
- Creator: Arnold, Benedict
- Creation Date: 1775-10-27
- Subject Date: 1775-10-27
- Local Name: Chaudiere Pond
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 1765
- Collection: Benedict Arnold letterbook
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Arnold, Benedict, 1741-1801--Letters
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Campaigns--Canadian Invasion, 1775-1776
- Washington, George--Letters
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.