Northeast Harbor Tennis Club, ca. 1907
The Northeast Harbor Tennis Club building and courts is shown in about 1907.
In 1897 the Village Improvement Society formed to take charge of creating a more desirable place for residents and summer visitors. They developed and maintained the golf club, tennis club, and swimming pool. The tennis club and gulf club still exist.