Contributed by Maine Historical Society
John W. Day of Berwick, a native of England, was 24 when he enlisted as a musician in Co. K of the 14th Maine Infantry. He was a drummer.
When the original 14th Maine, which served primarily in Louisiana, finished its three-year term, Day rejoined the reformed 14th as a musician in Co. C.
He served from Dec. 17, 1861 to August 28, 1865.
About This Item
- Title: John W. Day, 14th Maine, ca. 1863
- Creation Date: circa 1863
- Subject Date: circa 1863
- Media: Carte de visite
- Dimensions: 10.8 cm x 6.2 cm
- Local Code: Coll. S-7077, Misc. Box 239/3
- Collection: Manuscripts and photographs regarding John W. Day of Berwick, Maine
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219