Exterior and interior of the Lobster Pot restaurant, Friendship, ca. 1948
These photos were taken in the heyday of the Lobster Pot restaurant, located on Stenger's Wharf, formerly the Jameson & Wotton Wharf.
Charlie and Ida Stenger opened the Lobster Pot in 1930 and, with the exception of the years during World War II, ran it until they sold the wharf in 1956. It was a popular dining spot and, as of 2013, is still fondly remembered by older Friendship residents.
During World War II the wharf was used for spotting enemy planes, although none were ever seen.