View at Friendship, ca. 1940
This tourist postcard of Friendship harbor shows a sign advertising shore dinners on one of the wharf buildings. By this time, the Lobster Pot restaurant near the end of the wharf was in full swing. It had opened shortly after Charlie and Ida Stenger bought the Jameson & Wotton Wharf in 1928. It closed in 1956 when the wharf was sold to Bernard Brow, who went bankrupt a few years later.