Contributed by Dixfield Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Dirigo High School. Learn more.
This picture shows many Holman decendants and citizens outside the Dixfield Common Baptist Church around 1900. The Holman homestead is to the left. Founded in 1896 and continuing to thrive in 2013, The Dixfield Common Baptist Church was an integral part of life in the early settlement of Dixfield, originally known as Holmantown.
About This Item
- Title: Dixfield Common Baptist Church and citizens, Dixfield, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Dixfield Common
- Town: Dixfield
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13.9 cm x 9.8 cm
- Local Code: 2013-35
- Collection: Dixfield Historical Society Reference Photo Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Dixfield Historical Society
59 Main Street, PO Box 182, Dixfield, ME 04224
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.