Contributed by Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club through Ski Museum of Maine
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Hank Kashiwa leaving the gate at the 1971 Sugarloaf World Cup.
Kashiwa was born in 1949 in New York City and was a member of the US Alpine Ski Team from 1967-1972. At the Sugarloaf World Cup he placed 38th in one Downhill and 36th in the other as well as placing 21st in the Giant Slalom. Kashiwa also competed in the 1972 Olympics in Sapporo Japan. Upon retiring from the U S Ski Team Kashiwa went on to race on the Professional Ski Racing Circuit from 1972 to 1981. He won the overall World Pro title in 1975. During his long career Kashiwa has been a ski commentator, a ski area owner and a ski company president.
About This Item
- Title: Hank Kashiwa, Carrabassett Valley, 1971
- Creation Date: 1971
- Subject Date: 1971
- Local Name: Sugarloaf
- Town: Carrabassett Valley
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: 2012.001.0032
- Collection: Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Ski Museum of Maine
256 Main Street, PO Box 359, Kingfield, ME 04947
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Contests--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Winter sports--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Athletes--American--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- alpine ski racing
- alpine skiing
- giant slalom
- pro skiing
- ski racing
- world cup
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.