Contributed by Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club through Ski Museum of Maine
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Dana Wallace and Roger Peabody are pictured here keeping score for the Men's Giant Slalom race at the 1971 Sugarloaf World Cup. As the scoreboard in this image shows Gustavo Thoeni, number 14, did win this race.
Sugarloaf ski instructor and ski club member Dana Wallace from Brunswick is on the left. Dana was a marine scientist when he was not volunteering on ski races at his beloved Sugarloaf.
Roger Peabody of Littleton, New Hampshire is on the right. Roger was inducted into the U S Ski and Snowboard
Hall of Fame in 1976 honoring his 46 year involvement in the ski industry from racer to coach to race organization leader.
About This Item
- Title: Scorekeepers, Sugarloaf World Cup, 1971
- Creation Date: 1971-02-21
- Subject Date: 7971-02-21
- Local Name: Sugarloaf
- Town: Carrabassett Valley
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: 20012.001.0005
- Collection: Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Ski Museum of Maine
256 Main Street, PO Box 359, Kingfield, ME 04947
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Sports officiating--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Scoreboards--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Contests--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Winter sports--Maine--Carrabassett Valley