Contributed by Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club through Ski Museum of Maine
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Divina Galica was one of two competitors from the Great Britain Ski Team. Downhill was her best event. She was also Captain of the British Women's Olympic Ski Team.
Divina placed 20th in the Giant Slalom and 22nd in the Kandahar Downhill and 33rd in the Tall Timber Classic Downhill. Divina participated in her first Olympic games at Innsbruck Austria in 1964 at age 20. She also participated in the 1968 and 1972 Olympics. Later she became an automobile racer, competing in many events, including Formula One.
About This Item
- Title: British racer, 1971 World Cup, Sugarloaf
- Creation Date: 1971
- Subject Date: 1971
- Local Name: Sugarloaf
- Town: Carrabassett Valley
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: 2012.001.0012
- Collection: Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Ski Museum of Maine
256 Main Street, PO Box 359, Kingfield, ME 04947
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Athletes--British--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Winter sports--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Contests--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.