Maine Camp Hospital Association records, Portland
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
A group of 14 people met on Nov. 17, 1862 at the home of Jedediah Jewett in Portland and formed the Maine Camp Hospital Association to assist Maine soldiers in the Army of the Potomac. The organization had its genesis in the Free Street Baptist Society's Ladies Committee.
The group, which continued throughout the war, sent goods and nurses to the Washington, D.C., area.
The record book details the group's meetings and activities.
- Title: Maine Camp Hospital Association records, Portland
- Creator: Maine Camp Hospital Association
- Creation Date: 1862-11-17 - 1865-07-08
- Subject Date: 1862-11-17 - 1865-07-08
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 19.3 x 15.5 x .5
- Local Code: Coll. S-61, Misc. Box 2/1
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.