Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
These girls posed in their swimsuits and bathing caps for photographer George W. French. French photographed for the Maine State Development Commission from 1936-1955.
He was assigned to capture Maine's recreational and economic potential.
A native of Kezar Falls, French had been interested in photography since he was a child.
About This Item
- Title: Swimmers, ca. 1920
- Creator: French, George Washington
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Media: Photo negative
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4015, Box 7
- Collection: George French and Fred Philpot photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.