Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Harold S. Fairfield (1878-1907) was born in Biddeford. As an adult he moved to York with his wife Etta to work as a school teacher. Fairfield died of pneumonia at the age of 29.
Photographer George W. French (1882-1970), who took the portrait, was born in Kezar Falls. He worked for the Maine Development Commission for 19 years starting in the 1930s, taking photos that promoted tourism and Maine's beauty.
About This Item
- Title: Harold S. Fairfield, ca. 1900
- Creator: French, George Washington
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 17.5 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4015, Box 2
- Collection: George French and Fred Philpot photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.