Contributed by Maine Historical Society
George W. French captured this photograph of the sun setting over an unidentified lake.
The sun is framed by two silhouetted trees. French liked to experiment with sunlight and shadows.
In order to take this picture, French shaded his lens to avoid direct rays of light from fogging the plate.
About This Item
- Title: Sunset over lake, ca. 1915
- Creator: French, George Washington
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Media: Photo negative
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4015, Box 7
- Collection: George French and Fred Philpot photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.