Contributed by Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
Listen to recording
In this audio clip Pauleena MacDougall, director of the Maine Folklife Center, interviews Lois Andrews about her work at Eastern Fine Paper. In 1967 Lois, after working for the company for several years, took a position in the lab.
In this clip Andrews talks about working in a male dominated work place.
About This Item
- Title: A woman in the Eastern Fine Paper lab, Brewer, 2006
- Creator: MacDougall, Pauleena
- Creation Date: 2006-01-06
- Subject Date: 1967
- Town: Brewer
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: audio recording
- Local Code: NA3391 cd2372
- Object Type: Video and sound
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
5773 South Stevens Hall, Orono, ME 04469
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dismissal of employees--Maine--Brewer
- Eastern Corporation (Bangor, Me.)
- Labor unions--Maine--Brewer
- Paper industry--Maine--Brewer
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.