Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Photographer for the Maine Development Commission George French captured this picture of an Albany Basin waterfall.
The waterfall, located within Albany Township in western Oxford County was formed by melting glaciers passing through the bedrock.
Once a tourist attraction, the area was closed to the public by its owners.
About This Item
- Title: Albany Basin waterfall, ca. 1935
- Creator: French, George Washington
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Town: Albany Township
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4015, Box 1
- Collection: George French and Fred Philpot photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.