Hy-Lo light bulb, ca. 1904
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This "Hy-Lo" light bulb, developed by the Economical Lamp Division of General Electric, used two carbon filaments connected to different poles of a rocker switch on the side of the bulb base. One filament gave brighter light than the other.
- Title: Hy-Lo light bulb, ca. 1904
- Creator: General Electric Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1904
- Subject Date: circa 1904
- Media: Glass, cellulose, brass
- Local Code: 2004.090.3265
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.