Hammer with insulated handle, ca. 1920
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
An enterprising Central Maine Power lineman constructed his own insulated tool in about 1920 by replacing this hammer's wooden handle with a steel pipe, and then covering the pipe with braided fiberglass cloth and rubber insulation.
Safety equipment was especially important for the line workers who erected utility poles and strung cable.
- Title: Hammer with insulated handle, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Media: Iron, wood, plastic
- Local Code: 2004.090.4117
- Collection: Central Maine Power Co.
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.