Electrical worker climbing irons, ca. 1954
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Climbing irons or gaffs are one of the items of specialized clothing developed for linemen who put up telephone and utility poles and wire conductors.
These climbing irons are padded and adjustable to fit snugly on the legs of linemen of all sizes.
- Title: Electrical worker climbing irons, ca. 1954
- Creator: W.M. Bashlin Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1954
- Subject Date: circa 1954
- Media: Iron, aluminum, leather
- Local Code: 2004.090.4888
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.