Electrical worker climbing irons, ca. 1954
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Climbing irons or gaffs are one of the items of specialized clothing developed for linemen who put up telephone and utility poles and wire conductors.
These climbing irons are padded and adjustable to fit snugly on the legs of linemen of all sizes.
- Title: Electrical worker climbing irons, ca. 1954
- Creator: W.M. Bashlin Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1954
- Subject Date: circa 1954
- Media: Iron, aluminum, leather
- Local Code: 2004.090.4888
- Collection: Central Maine Power Co.
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.