Pint-ype insulator, ca. 1916
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Pin-type insulators similar to this Lapp #6183 are still used on utility poles today.
Insulators are necessary on electric lines to prevent current from "leaking" off the line.
- Title: Pint-ype insulator, ca. 1916
- Creator: Lapp Insulator Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1916
- Subject Date: circa 1916
- Media: Porcelain
- Local Code: 2004.090.4426
- Collection: Central Maine Power Co.
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.