Pint-ype insulator, ca. 1916
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Pin-type insulators similar to this Lapp #6183 are still used on utility poles today.
Insulators are necessary on electric lines to prevent current from "leaking" off the line.
- Title: Pint-ype insulator, ca. 1916
- Creator: Lapp Insulator Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1916
- Subject Date: circa 1916
- Media: Porcelain
- Local Code: 2004.090.4426
- Collection: Central Maine Power Co.
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.