Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Pin-type insulators similar to this Lapp #6183 are still used on utility poles today.
Insulators are necessary on electric lines to prevent current from "leaking" off the line.
About This Item
- Title: Pint-ype insulator, ca. 1916
- Creator: Lapp Insulator Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1916
- Subject Date: circa 1916
- Media: Porcelain
- Local Code: 2004.090.4426
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.