Electrical insulator pin, ca. 1917
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The pin is part of a type of electrical insulator -- a device that keeps electrical current from "leaking" out of lines.
The insulator with the pin (that screws into the base of the porcelain insulator) was patented in 1865.
- Title: Electrical insulator pin, ca. 1917
- Creation Date: circa 1917
- Subject Date: circa 1917
- Media: Galvanized iron, wood
- Local Code: 2004.090.4393
- Collection: Central Maine Power Co.
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.