Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Construction on Maine Yankee atomic power plant began in the spring of 1968. At the time, it was the single largest industrial project ever undertaken in Maine.
The reactor went online in December 1972.
About This Item
- Title: Maine Yankee reactor pit construction, Wiscasset, 1968
- Creator: Maine Yankee Atomic Power Co.
- Creation Date: 1968
- Town: Wiscasset
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2115, Box 325/Public Affairs Atomic Power
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.