Gulf Island Dam and hydro station construction, ca. 1926
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Gulf Island Hydro Station, on the Androscoggin River 4 ½ miles upstream from Lewiston and Auburn, was built during 1926.
At its completion in 1927 it was the largest hydroelectric project in Maine, and accounted for more than half of Central Maine Power’s hydroelectric generating capacity.
- Title: Gulf Island Dam and hydro station construction, ca. 1926
- Creator: Morton C. Tuttle Company
- Creation Date: circa 1926
- Subject Date: circa 1926
- Town: Lewiston
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: 2004.090.3061
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.