Sangamo Type H electric meter, 1911
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This model had been in development for some time before its introduction in 1911, but Sangamo had to wait for the Tesla patents, owned by Westinghouse, to expire.
This induction-type meter uses fluctuations in magnetic fields to turn the rotating disk, while a drag, or lag, magnet keeps the disk turning at a rate proportional to the current.
- Title: Sangamo Type H electric meter, 1911
- Creator: Sangamo Electric Co.
- Creation Date: 1911
- Subject Date: circa 1911
- Media: Metal, glass
- Local Code: 2004.090.1453
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings