Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The first meter to be mass produced, this electric meter has many of the basic features and adjustments still found today.
Once introduced, it quickly became the utility standard meter and was so reliable, many were in use until the 1960s or later.
About This Item
- Title: General Electric Type I electric meter, 1913
- Creator: General Electric Co.
- Creation Date: 1913
- Subject Date: circa 1913
- Media: Metal, glass
- Local Code: 2004.090.1283
- Collection: Central Maine Power Company collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.