Westinghouse Round-type electric meter, 1904
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Oliver Shallenberger had developed an integrating-type watt-hour meter for Westinghouse that fit well with the industry’s need for a watt-hour meter, but it was heavy and expensive.
H. P. Davis and Frank Conrad developed this light-weight and less expensive round-type meter.
- Title: Westinghouse Round-type electric meter, 1904
- Creator: Westinghouse Electrical & Manufacturing Co.
- Creation Date: 1904
- Subject Date: circa 1904
- Media: Metal, glass
- Local Code: 2004.090.0562
- Collection: Central Maine Power Co.
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.