Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Horace W. Shaylor Sr. poses in his 1904 "E" model Stanley Steamer.
The car cost $710 after taxes, its speed range was 3 to 25 miles per hour, and it had a capacity of two passengers.
The photograph was taken at 122 Pine Street, Portland.
Shaylor was an artist who developed and taught a system of penmanship.
About This Item
- Title: Horace W. Shaylor Sr., Portland, 1906
- Creation Date: 1906
- Subject Date: 1906
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 19 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2538, Box 2/10
- Collection: Shaylor family collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219