Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This Manual of Penmanship was designed to accompany Harper's New Graded Copy-Books.
Horace W. Shaylor (1845-1923) of Portland wrote the manual that was published by Harper & Brothers.
The 84-page manual includes information about grouping alphabetical letters, tracking arm and hand movement, calculating word slant, and many other penmanship rules.
About This Item
- Title: 'Manual of Penmanship,' 1887
- Creator: Shaylor, Horace W.
- Creation Date: 1887
- Media: ink on paper
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 12.7 cm x 0.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2538, Box 1/2
- Collection: Shaylor family collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219