Contributed by Lewiston Public Library
A parade on Lisbon Street in Lewiston.
Shown are a market, L.L. Blake Company, a furniture store which is listed at 155 Lisbon St. in the 1885 city directory.
Daniel Wood, a crockery, china and glass store at 151 Lisbon St., and YMCA rooms above the Daniel Wood establishment. An article appeared in the Lewiston Evening Journal September 29, 1868 about Daniel Wood's new store.
About This Item
- Title: Lisbon Street, Lewiston, ca. 1880
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Town: Lewiston
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: phototransparency
- Dimensions: 2.25 cm x 3.5 cm
- Collection: Gridley Barrows Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Lewiston Public Library
200 Lisbon Street, Lewiston, ME 04240
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Lisbon St. (Lewiston, Me.)--Photographs
- Business districts--Maine--Lewiston
- Daniel Wood (Store)
- L.L. Blake (Store)
- Young Men's Christian Association (Lewiston, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.