Surry Playhouse & Restaurant signage, ca. 1950
Contributed by Surry Historical Society
This sign directed theatergoers to the Surry Playhouse and Restaurant.
The Playhouse was established by the summer people for the summer people.
The Playhouse was built in 1929. It had a rustic charm with spacious grounds, colorful awnings, chairs and tables. That rustic charm made it a popular destination for anyone wanting to enjoy a quality play and a meal.
- Title: Surry Playhouse & Restaurant signage, ca. 1950
- Creator: Surry Playhouse and Restaurant
- Creation Date: circa 1950
- Subject Date: circa 1950
- Town: Surry
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Painted wood
- Dimensions (cm): 30.48 x 64.135
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.