Contributed by Sebago Historical Society
Elzira, age 15, writes to her father, William Haley, Jr. that her little brother Billy was sick with fits for two days. Her mother and uncle took him to see Dr. Robins and now he is better and has not “had any of them spells yet.”
She adds that she likes her school and new teacher Annette Smith from Steep Falls and fills him in on the local gossip.
About This Item
- Title: Elzira Haley letter to her father, William Haley Jr., 1865
- Creator: Haley, Elzira M.
- Creation Date: 1865-06-18
- Subject Date: 1865-06-18
- Local Name: Convene, Steep Falls
- Town: Gorham, Portland, Sebago, Standish
- County: Cumberland, Cumbetrland
- State: ME
- Media: pencil and paper
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: W4.15
- Collection: Haley Family Letters
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Sebago Historical Society
PO Box 59, Sebago, ME 04029
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Haley family
- Haley, William H.--Correspondence
- Fathers and daughters
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Social aspects
- Haley, Elzira (Elsie) M
- Haley, Jr., William
- Haley, William (Billy) W.
- Douglas, Seth
- Haley, Miriam Pugsley
- Meserve, Abram Cousins
- Smith, Annette
- Day, Hattie
- Lambert, Isaac
- Sweet, Father
- Haley, Mary A.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.